Haas EC-400 is a CNC Horizontal Machining Center and the most popular EC Series model engineered by Haas Automation. There is an abundance of features or options available to customize each machine for added production and unattended operation.
What a standard Haas EC-400 comes equipped with
- Built in pallet changer with 400 mm pallets
- 8,100 RPM Spindle
- 30 Pocket Carousel Tool Changer
- 40 Taper Spindle
- 4 Axis
- Window Air Blast
- 95 Gallon Coolant Tank
- Belt-Type Chip Conveyor
- CNC Control Cabinet Cooler
- Control Touch Screen
- Early Power Failure Detection Module
- Ethernet Interface
- WIFI Connection
- 1 GB Program Memory
- Second Home Position
- Media Display M-Code
- HAASConnect Remote Monitoring
- Rigid Tapping
Available upgrades for the EC-400 CNC models
A user may upgrade from standard features and specifications including:
- Spindle Speed (10,000, 12,000, 15,000 RPM)
- Larger capacity Tool Changers (50 and 100 Side Mount)
- Probing System
- Through Spindle Coolant
- High Speed Machining
- 6 Station Pallet Pool
Does EC400 have different models?
In addition to customizing features and specs, Haas Automation offers a variety of EC400 models which are built with some of the upgraded features referenced above:
- Haas EC-400PP provides true lights out capability through a 6-station pallet pool, 50 or 100 ATC side mount tool changer, and large remote jog handle
When considering a used Haas EC400, you’ll want to determine which software upgrades may fit your application and save you time. These upgrades may be installed in the field, which is a great selling point when deciding between a new or used machine.
With the ease of the Haas control, the amount of customization, and the support Haas has offered its customer base throughout the years, are reasons why Haas continues to dominate the marketplace.