Haas VF-3 is one of the most popular VF Series models engineered by Haas Automation. The VF-3 features a larger work envelope (more X and Z axis travel) than the smaller VF models. There is an abundance of features or options available to customize each machine to match a user’s needs.
What a standard Haas VF-3 comes equipped with
- 8,100 RPM Spindle
- 20 Pocket Carousel Tool Changer
- 40 Taper Spindle
- 3 Axis
- Window Air Blast
- 55 Gallon Coolant Tank
- Control Touch Screen
- Early Power Failure Detection Module
- Ethernet Interface
- WIFI Connection
- 1 GB Program Memory
- Media Display M-Code
- HAASConnect Remote Monitoring
- Safe Run
- Rigid Tapping
Available upgrades for the VF-3 CNC models
A user may upgrade from standard features and specifications including:
- Spindle Speed (10,000, 12,000, 15,000, 30,000 RPM)
- Larger capacity Tool Changers (30 and 50 Side Mount)
- Probing System
- Through Spindle Coolant
- Chip Removal System (Chip Auger, Chip Conveyor)
- High Speed Machining
- 4th Axis/ 5th Axis Capabilities, and many more!
Does VF3 have different models?
In addition to customizing features and specs, Haas Automation offers a variety of VF3 models which are built with some of the upgraded features referenced above:
- Haas VF-3YT offers 6 inches of more Y-Axis travel than a standard VF3
- Haas VF-3YT/50 offers 6 inches of more Y-Axis travel and provides heavy cutting capabilities of a 50 taper machine, 2 speed gearbox, and a T-slot table for fixturing and larger parts
- Haas VF-3SS (Super Speed) features a 12,000 RPM inline direct drive spindle, ultra fast tool changer, and high speed rapids
- Haas VF-3SSYT offers 6 inches of more Y-Axis travel than a standard VF3SS, 12,000 RPM inline direct drive spindle, ultra fast tool changer, and high speed rapids
- Haas VM-3 are built for mold making and features a 12,000 RPM inline direct drive spindle, side mount tool changer, programmable coolant nozzle, automatic air gun, high speed machining software, and a multi fixturing table
When considering a used Haas VF3, you’ll want to determine which software upgrades may fit your application and save you time. These upgrades may be installed in the field, which is a great selling point when deciding between a new or used machine.
The ability to also add 4th and 5th axis capability with a rotary table or trunnion table also expands a user’s production and can be sold with a used Haas VF-3.
With the ease of the Haas control, the amount of customization, and the support Haas has offered its customer base throughout the years, are reasons why Haas continues to dominate the marketplace.