Haas EC-500 is one of the most popular EC Series models engineered by Haas Automation. The Haas EC-500 offers a more expansive work envelope and can accommodate larger pallets than the EC-400. There is an abundance of features or options available to customize each machine for added production and unattended operation.
What a standard Haas EC-500 comes equipped with
- Built in pallet changer with 500 mm pallets
- 8,100 RPM Spindle
- 30 Pocket Carousel Tool Changer
- 40 Taper Spindle
- 4 Axis
- Window Air Blast
- 95 Gallon Coolant Tank
- Belt-Type Chip Conveyor
- CNC Control Cabinet Cooler
- Control Touch Screen
- Early Power Failure Detection Module
- Ethernet Interface
- WIFI Connection
- 1 GB Program Memory
- Second Home Position
- Media Display M-Code
- HAASConnect Remote Monitoring
- Rigid Tapping
Available upgrades for the EC-500 CNC models
A user may upgrade from standard features and specifications including:
- Spindle Speed (10,000, 12,000, 15,000 RPM)
- Larger capacity Tool Changers (50 and 100 Side Mount)
- Probing System
- Through Spindle Coolant
- High Speed Machining
Does EC500 have different models?
In addition to customizing features and specs, Haas Automation offers a variety of EC500 models which are built with some of the upgraded features referenced above:
- Haas EC-500/50 offers 50-taper rigid cutting capabilities and a 50 ATC side mount tool changer
When considering a used Haas EC500, you’ll want to determine which software upgrades may fit your application and save you time. These upgrades may be installed in the field, which is a great selling point when deciding between a new or used machine.
With the ease of the Haas control, the amount of customization, and the support Haas has offered its customer base throughout the years, are reasons why Haas continues to dominate the marketplace.