Haas VF-6/40 is one of the most popular VF Series models engineered by Haas Automation. The VF-6/40 fits within the large-frame product category of VMCs that Haas offers. There is an abundance of features or options available to customize each machine to match a user’s needs.
What a standard Haas VF-6 comes equipped with
- 8,100 RPM Spindle
- 30 Pocket Carousel Tool Changer
- 40 Taper Spindle
- 3 Axis
- Chip Auger
- Window Air Blast
- 55 Gallon Coolant Tank
- Programmable Coolant Nozzle
- Control Touch Screen
- Early Power Failure Detection Module
- Ethernet Interface
- WIFI Connection
- 1 GB Program Memory
- Media Display M-Code
- HAASConnect Remote Monitoring
- Remote Jog Handle
- Safe Run
- Rigid Tapping
Available upgrades for the VF-6 CNC models
A user may upgrade from standard features and specifications including:
- Spindle Speed (10,000, 12,000, 15,000, 30,000 RPM)
- Larger capacity Tool Changers (50 Side Mount)
- Probing System
- Through Spindle Coolant
- Chip Removal System (Chip Conveyor)
- High Speed Machining
- 4th Axis/ 5th Axis Capabilities, and many more!
Does VF6 have different models?
In addition to customizing features and specs, Haas Automation offers a variety of VF6 models which are built with some of the upgraded features referenced above:
- Haas VF-6TR is a 5 Axis machining center featuring full simultaneous 5 axis contouring and high speed machining software
- Haas VF-6SS (Super Speed) features a 12,000 RPM inline direct drive spindle, ultra fast tool changer, and high speed rapids
- Haas VF-6/50 provides heavy cutting capabilities of a 50 taper machine and 2-speed gearbox
- Haas VF-6/50TR is a 5 Axis, 50 taper machining center featuring full simultaneous 5 axis contouring and high speed machining software
- Haas VM-6 are built for mold making and features a 12,000 RPM inline direct drive spindle, high-speed control with full look-ahead, automatic air gun, and much more
When considering a used Haas VF6, you’ll want to determine which software upgrades may fit your application and save you time. These upgrades may be installed in the field, which is a great selling point when deciding between a new or used machine.
The ability to also add 4th and 5th axis capability with a rotary table or trunnion table also expands a user’s production and can be sold with a used Haas VF-6.
With the ease of the Haas control, the amount of customization, and the support Haas has offered its customer base throughout the years, are reasons why Haas continues to dominate the marketplace.